Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you interact with our products, services, or websites. This information may include:
- Personal Information: This includes information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and any other information that you voluntarily provide to us.
- Usage Information: This includes information about how you use our products, services, or websites, such as the pages you visit, the features you use, and the content you interact with.
- Technical Information: This includes information about your device, browser, and network, such as your IP address, device type, operating system, and browser type.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access our products, services, or websites, we may automatically collect information about your device, including information such as your IP address, device type, operating system, and browser type. This information is used to enhance security, optimize your user experience, and improve the quality of our products, services, and websites.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our products, services, and websites: We use your information to understand your needs and preferences and to offer you a personalized experience.
- To communicate with you: We use your information to respond to your requests, provide support, and send you updates and promotional materials.
- To enhance security: We use your information to help detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our products, services, and websites.
- For research and development: We use your information to conduct research and development to improve our products, services, and websites.
Sharing of Information
We may share your information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- With Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers who help us provide our products, services, and websites. These service providers are bound by contractual obligations to protect the privacy and security of your information and are not allowed to use your information for any other purpose.
- For Legal Reasons: We may disclose your information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to protect the rights, property, or safety of OGO ehf., our users, or others, or to respond to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process.
- In the Event of a Change of Control: If OGO ehf. is acquired by or merged with another company, we may share your information with the acquiring company.
The information mentioned above will only be shared with third parties with the explicit permission of the user.
Security of Your Information
At OGO, responsible handling of personal data is a key principle. To ensure the protection of personal data, we:
- Publish and make available on our website a policy for data processing. We comply with local laws on the processing and protection of personal data and make sure our employees are familiar with these laws from their first day at the company.
- Regularly review our processes and documents to ensure compliance with the law.
- Assess the potential risks and harm that may arise from violating personal data laws and implement appropriate measures to comply with the law.
- Limit access to personal data to only those employees who need it to perform their duties.
When implementing measures to protect personal data, we consider:
- Legal requirements
- Established levels of personal data protection
- Regulatory laws for the relevant level of protection
- A risk-based approach to selecting the best measures
- The priority of the users' legitimate interests.
We take the security of your information very seriously and have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or loss.
Personal data is kept only for as long as required to perform the services offered and for the original purpose of the processing. Generally, personal data is stored for the duration of the subscription service or as long as OGO has legitimate interests. If certain data must be kept longer due to specific laws, such as the law no. 145/1994 on accounting, those laws take precedence.