When posting ads, it is important to adhere to the following guidelines to avoid violating Icelandic law or infringing on the rights of others.
- Ad content must be legitimate: Only post ads for goods or services that you have the necessary rights, licenses, permits, certificates, etc. for. You must ensure that all elements of your ad (including photos, videos, and links) are legitimate and in compliance with the law.
- Accurate and complete information: Your ad must contain accurate and complete information, and not misleading information about the goods or services you are offering. Any information required by law must be included in your ad.
- Specific, existing, and relevant: Your ad must be specific, exist, and relevant to the product or service being offered. You must have the product in stock, be ready to provide the service, or have the property available to rent, etc. If your offer is no longer relevant, remove the ad promptly.
- No fictitious or lead generation ads: Do not place ads with the intention of generating leads or with no intention of actually selling the product listed in the ad.
- No repeated ads: Only one valid ad per product is allowed. Posting repeated ads or using multiple profiles to post the same ad is considered a violation of OGO rules.